Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hello Internet,

You may be wondering what a blog about letters is doing here in the virtual world. It's simple, really. I love writing letters, love the sending and receiving of a piece of writing that was created just for me. Most people I know share these feelings. However, in this digital age, it has become increasingly more difficult to actually sit down with pen and paper to express myself to friend. Also, my handwriting is atrocious.

That's where this blog comes in. I want to write letters to people. My friends, my family, my acquaintances, co-workers, the people I see on the street, perfect strangers. I want to write them letters about things that interest them and are important to them.

But I can't know what those things are, unless you, the people on the internet reading this, tell me. So send me an email, and I will write you a (virtual) letter. Let me tell you what I think. It might be an anecdote from my life, something cool I heard on NPR, or something completely made up. It will all be true in some way, though.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With anticipation,

Gena

No comments:

Post a Comment