Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Motivation


Dear Self,

It’s been a while since you posted. I know you were busy moving, and that is a terrible and stressful accomplishment, especially when it’s over 90 degrees out, but you told yourself you would post at least once a week, and that just hasn’t been happening.

I often find that the promises I make myself are the hardest ones to keep. I promise I’ll stop snacking after 10pm, throw away my worn out socks, watch less TV, and remember to call my friends more. Yet here I am eating Cheez-Its at midnight, watching True Blood in socks I’ve owned since high school. I’ve collapsed under the weight of all these promises, stuck in a land of not unpacking my dishes or even going outside for that matter.

I’m going to try and change, though. I know that just one more promise to myself thrown on to the small mountain of them I keep in my room, right beside my dirty clothes hamper. I just need a little motivation.

Motivation is a hard thing to come by. Life’s so much easier, if much emptier, without it. And once I get going, I find myself enjoying the task I’ve put off for so long. I just have to start.

So this is it.

I’m going to buy new socks, and throw away the old ones.

Turn off the TV.

Get up off my ass.

And write.

Love,
Gena

p.s. I make no guarantees about the snacking. Cheez-Its are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment